Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My V-day

I wouldn't categorize myself as one of those females who bashes valentines day because of the fact that I am lonely or anything but I generally don't really care for the holiday. It is true that I don't care for it because there's never someone in my life around the time of this holiday so I usually spend it with friends or alone or even at work. This year I figured I might celebrate it because I was talking to someone but that didn't quite happen.

E-man hit me up that morning and we spoke briefly via texts and he told me he was out shopping with his fam and that was the end of it. He didn't say "happy vday shay" or even mention anything about us going out that night. So of course I just left it alone. I had another alternative for that night with a friend of a friend whom I recently started talking to. The plan was to just chill with him and watch the allstar game and although I didn't mind, I really wanted to go out and do something so I kind of put that in the backburner.

So I ended up spending the day in bed reading my book and playing games on the computer. I said I was not going to hit up E-man to find out what was going on because him not hitting me up is a way of letting me know that we wasn't going to do anything. I finally got out of bed around 7pm and showered but then I was stumped. I didn't know if I should get dressed or just get back into bed so I did what I said I wasn't going to do and I texted E-man and asked if we was still gonna catch a movie or whatever and he took a while to respond and informed me that he needs a raincheck because he couldn't make it. I didn't respond to him because I was upset. I always had the view that if a guy is bailing on you on vday its because the "main chick" in his life has his time and I don't fall 2nd in line for a guy. So I called the other guy, we'll call him Mr. P and he asked me if I still wanted to come over and although it was a troop from my crib I agreed.

I am very happy I did go because I ended up having a nice time. We chilled and talked and laughed and watched the game. He made me a virgin pina colada and it was banging and then when the game was over we went out and got something to eat and talked some more and got a better understanding of each other. He was going to teach me how to play pool but it was almost 2am and I had work in the morning so I asked for a raincheck. I didn't really know how he viewed me so when he dropped me home I just gave him a hug and told him to call me when he got home. All in all I had a nice vday for the first time in my 23yrs of life lol. I speak to Mr. P everyday and I wonder where this is going to go but I don't get to excited for it because I don't want to get my hopes shot down so I'm just taking this one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment